I don’t know about you, but if there is one thing I want to be in this world, besides ecstatically happy and enlightened, is being successful.
When I started going through this massive shift in my life, on my journey towards finding my true self, the one thing I sought out was methods and strategies that I could employ to create the life I wanted. I read books, listened to podcasts, watched Youtube videos and spoke to any successful person I could to gain insight into the life that I wanted to manifest. I took advantage of every piece of information I could get my hands on.
Along the way, one of the key things I learned was the importance of an effective morning routine in creating the foundation for abundance, prosperity and happiness. Employed by the most financially and spiritually successful individuals in the world, a carefully structured set of morning rituals are crucial to creating a highly productive day and of course, an abundant life. After all, mornings are the most productive time of the day right?
If you want to succeed and achieve your goals, then reformulating your usual morning routine is the key to build a prosperous life. Successful individuals understand the importance of such morning habits and embrace a morning ritual to ensure that their days and lives are set up for success and big achievements.
Start by asking yourself the following questions:
- What time do I get out of bed?
- How do I spend my morning
- What do I eat for breakfast?
Are these habits aiding or hindering your success? Are they setting the standard for effective and productive days in your business or at your job or are they rushed and stressful like your work days?
If you are an individual who falls into this category, then don’t worry, I have formulated some of the greatest morning routines from the world’s most successful individuals a to help you build your own successful empire!
- Wake Up Early You may not be a morning person now, but trust me you will benefit greatly if you muster up the motivation up the energy to get up earlier and use your time wisely. Waking up before 7am, I have personally found especially beneficial as it allows me time to focus on me, the most important person, before I get out there and take on the world. Start with waking up 10-15 minutes earlier each week until you get to your goal wake up time. It may take a little time to get yourself into a routine of going to bed and waking up earlier but once you do you will feel much more motivated and enlightened for the day ahead.
- Meditation Meditation allows us to bring solitude to our lives and teaches us to just be present. When there is so much happening in the world, it is the perfect outlet from our busy lives to just be at one with ourselves. Take at least 10-15minutes every morning listening to some guided meditation or meditation music. Not only will you feel less stress and anxious about the day ahead, but you will feel more centered and your thoughts will be clearer for you to take on whatever the day throws at you.
- Practice Positive Affirmations We all have limiting beliefs that restrict us from taking action or making changes in our lives. Limiting beliefs can cloud our thoughts and at times, can sabotage our own success. By practicing positive affirmations daily, we are able to slowly transition from these negative, restrictive thoughts to a place of positive,affirming thoughts where the possibilities of life are endless. Through practicing this ritual in the morning, ideally in front of the mirror, we create the foundation for a positive day full of greatness and success.
- Have a Healthy, Mindful Breakfast If you are rushing out the door grabbing a coffee and muffin on the way to work or even worse, not having breakfast then you are sabotaging your own success. By taking the time to sit down and enjoy a nutritious breakfast, you are not only setting yourself up mentally for the day ahead, but physically as well. Your body will function a lot better with a good meal in it and your brain will operate like a boss to help you absolutely ace the day!
- Do Some Exercise or Yoga Seriously, starting the day off with exercise, even if it is just 5-10 minutes is the perfect way to get the endorphins pumping and get your blood flowing through your body for the day. I start every day with a 10-15 minute yoga or ab work out and let me tell you, for the rest of the day I work absolutely incredibly. Get some fitness into your morning routine and you will be not only one happy camper but you will fly through your daily schedule like a charm.
- Revisit Your Goals Let me just start by saying we should all be having goals that we are working towards. By having goals, just like a GPS, we are able to see where we are going and navigate our way there. Start off with the big goals, goals we wish to achieve over a year and then break them down into monthly, weekly and daily goals. Every day we should be revisiting our daily goals, making sure that we are on track and then assessing them entirely at the end of our weeks and months. By doing this, we become accountable for our goals and are more likely to lead ourselves to achieving them throughout the day.
- Set Your Intentions For The Day Setting our intentions is all part of a wonderful process called the Law of Attraction and is the first step in manifesting our dreams. By writing down what we want out of life and taking 5 minutes to visualise it we are increasing the likelihood that the Universe will guide what we desire towards us. Don’t stress about the finer details of how it is going to get to you, the Universe will take care of it for you! If you are really super keen (like I obviously am), you can create a Universe box and spend 5-10 minutes every morning writing down your intentions and placing them in the box. Once they are in the box, they are the Universe’s responsibility to take care of and make happen for you.
I assure you, employ these 7 morning routines and before you know it, you will be leading the successful life of your dreams before you know it!
– The Soulful Wanderer